Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Competition Meeting

With what could be a record 17 entries in this quarter's competition for American Brown Ale, I'm proud to say I won second place. The reviews were interesting. I may have overheated my mash to lead to some astrigency, or so the judges say. I'll keep an eye on that. I also think it could be something from the crystal rye. All in all not a bad night. I'll need to score well on the rest of the compeitions to be in the running for Brewer of the Year. I'm already 8 points down despite the 2nd place finish. The blueberry ale met with some good response. I think it's maturing and that "grainy" taste is aging away. We'll see. Next up a review on the coffee sweet stout in a week or so, and brewing the Saison next weekend.

CHEERS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on winning second place! We're sure you'll do well in the running for Brewer of the Year!

    ReplyDelete